Last Year I swam the Great North Swim for the first time for Christies Hospital in Manchester.
This year I’m upping my game and supporting a local charity!!
St John’s Hospice in Lancaster – http://www.sjhospice.org.uk
So this year i’m doing the following events;
- The Great Manchester Run (10K on 20th of May 2012) – Completed in 1hr 3mins!
- The Great North Swim (1 mile in Lake Windermere on the 23rd of June 2012) – Cancelled!
- The Great Manchester Swim (1 mile across Salford Docks on the 1st of July 2012) – Completed in 38mins 40secs!
- The Lancaster 10k (10k on 18th of July 2012) – Completed in 59mins 29secs!
- The Great North Run (13 miles on the 16th September 2012) – Completed in 2hrs 29mins 18secs!
- The Lancaster Half Marathon (13 miles on the 4th November 2012).
I’m only asking people to sponsor me once for the whole season rather than five times!
Please visit http://www.justgiving.com/Peter-Sowerby78 or alternatively text any of the following;
PETE78 £1 to 70070
PETE78 £2 to 70070
PETE78 £5 to 70070
PETE78 £10 to 70070
PETE78 £20 to 70070
I’ll try and keep you all up to date with my progress and thanks to you all in advance!!
You can search for #BigPetesBig4 on twitter and i’ll keep you up to date with everything I’m doing!
Link to St John’s Hospice Article – http://www.sjhospice.org.uk/news/139/250/1-Man-4-huge-challenges/