As the father of a 2 year old you find yourself immersed in kids TV at some point & to keep yourself from slipping into a coma you start to look at the subtext that your toddler just can’t see, I can’t complain too much we did pretty well and missed the whole Baby TV channel as he was more interested in the heavy beats from the Clubland & MTV Dance music channels.
Here is a few things I’ve picked up from the shows as I’ve gone along and now you’ve read them you can’t unsee them;
- For a small village of approx 10 people they have a helicopter mountain rescue, 3 fire vehicles and a lifeboat & no visitors!
- How Norman Price isn’t in borstal or been taken away by Social Services I’ll never know
- … although Norman is the only ginger kid with no obvious father and Fireman Sam is also red haired & the fire service never press charges …. coincidence??
- … also backed up by when Trevor says to Norman’s mum he used to be a boy scout she says “I love a man in uniform”
- Why do none of these people have causal clothes, the fire brigade / plumber etc all go to every event in uniform?
In the Night Garden
- There is definitely some shenanigans going on between Iggle Piggle & Upsy Daisy!
- Makka Pakka has a very strange fetish for washing people to the point where people run away from him.
- The Tomliboos …. not sure if these are really close brothers & sisters or a polygamous couple?
- Unbelievably sexist program, anything good is done by Mummy Pig and anything wrong / clumsy is always Daddy pig.
- That Peppa is so bossy i can’t wait until George grows up and give her what for!
- Is nobody looking for this homeless kid living on an island? Broken Britain I tell ya!
- What is that cross between an old man / teddy bear / mole?
Oh well that’s it for this week. Have a good weekend!